Monday, February 7, 2011

Teach Pottery: Trying Something New

Like many of you, Teach Pottery is cutting expenses. It is important to me to cut costs without sacrificing quality. With that as the goal, I am discontinuing use of a paid newsletter service. What I will do instead is keep up my Teach Pottery blog to keep you informed. You can subscribe to the blog if you like. I will also occasionally send you an email with a web page link.


Of course, the site is primarily for new teachers or for teachers who have never taught Ceramics before. So I hope that you will keep your new teachers in mind and forward the information on to them. Teaching a new subject is often lots of work. It is time consuming to create all of the lesson plans, visuals and handouts. Then there is always a bit of trial and error involved, too. Teach Pottery has all of the basic ingredients in modifiable format. It was created by me to make it easier for me to provide great lessons and it is made available to you and other teacher to, hopefully, do the same.

For a sample lesson of the new site that I am working on, click on the link of the right for May 9, 2010. You can use the links at the top of the page as part of that lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment